From: Suzanne Mohan
Date: March 31, 2012 1:29:38 PM PDT
To: Colleen Anderson
Cc: Bill Widmer
Subject: Re: [awristachatz] Re: Library & Rail
Dear Bill,
I feel very strongly that you should give Atherton residents the opportunity to vote on this matter.
I understand that there are many different views surrounding this issue. From my perspective we are fortunate to have a beautiful open space in our neighbourhood which can be enjoyed by Atherton residents and others alike. This cannot be replicated. Why jeopardise this for the sake of building a library that could be located elsewhere?
I would be perfectly happy with the library being redeveloped in its current location. If, however, you consider this site to be unsuitable, I believe you should explore other options rather than spoiling the tranquility of our park.
It has always been my understanding that Atherton as a town has been committed to preserving the beauty of our landscape and integrity of outdoor spaces, even to the extent of monitoring and vetoing residential projects. I was therefore extremely surprised to hear how far these plans had progressed without canvassing the views of residents.
Yours sincerely,
Suzanne Mohan
Sent from my iPad
On 31 Mar 2012, at 12:54, "Colleen Anderson"
Everyone please email Bill directly, and if you could also keep me in the loop on your emails I would love it. I know I am very interested in hearing everyones input on this. Send this out to all your friends in Atherton, but please have them keep me in the loop as well. I am finding myself mixed on this issue, but would love for it to go to vote.
Also Bill I must tell you again everyone feels you have already made up your minds so why do you want the towns input?
lovemypaws@yahoo.com
Bill Widmer
Colleen
369-4949
On Mar 31, 2012, at 12:05 PM, Bill Widmer wrote:
HI Colleen,
My question on HSR was its impact on final selection of library location. Not whether or now we want HSR, but rather its impact on the potential devaluation of the investment, should the library be built right next the HSR right-of-way.
Best Regards,
Bill Widmer
Mayor
Town of Atherton
From: Colleen Anderson [lovemypaws@yahoo.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2012 11:21 AM
To: Atherton lunch lunch group; Bill Widmer
Subject: Library & Rail
Bill,
Everyone seems to want the library to go to vote in the town. That is a very strong consensus.
HSR is mixed. People that live or own near the train are without a doubt not in favor of it. Others feel we should work with the HSR like Redwood City. Some do not care either way. At some point we may or may not have say on what the state decides to do it may be a bargaining chip to get the train to stop back in Atherton again.
Both issues seem to be important enough to take them vote, and let the people decide.
On both issues there are pros & cons.
A number of us feel including myself our voice doesn't matter anymore. You have a agenda, and our vote doesn't count.
Colleen
On Mar 31, 2012, at 10:41 AM, Bill Widmer wrote:
Hi Colleen,
Denise, copied herein, is the chair of our Library Committee. I am sure she would like to be involved in getting more information out and filling in the blanks.
Thank you for your assistance in helping get the community at large involved.
As you know there is abit of a division in the town on where the library should be located. We are now looking at the Environmental study. We also need to consider the impact of the High Speed Rail/Caltrain electrification project when confirming our final decision.
I realize you have quite a network of citizens. What is their thoughts on the project? Are they weighing the impact of the pending HSR project in their thinking?
I would be very interested in hearing back on this.
Best Regards,
Bill Widmer
Mayor
Town of Atherton
No comments:
Post a Comment