Saturday, March 31, 2012

Re: Atherton residents need to be polled or a vote taken

[Posted by Moderator]

From: Robert Loarie
Date: March 31, 2012 9:38:09 PM PDT
To: Athertonians@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Athertonians] Re:  Atherton residents need to be polled or a vote taken

I agree with Mr. Carlson's prior comments and I hope that anyone interested in this matter has read at least the Almanac article on page 15 of the March 28 issue about "big traffic impacts from proposed library in park", namely at the Watkins/Middlefield and at the Watkins/El Camino intersections, the latter of which cannot feasibly be fixed. The draft EIR addresses these matters and others more fully, though it is too lengthy, dense and convoluted to be easily read by normal citizens.

For the Almanac article, see: http://www.almanacnews.com/story.php?story_id=12466

I sincerely hope that the Planning Commission and the Council take Mr. Carlson's suggestion of a "will of the people" poll seriously into consideration before proceeding further.

Robert Loarie

4 comments:

  1. [Posted by Moderator]

    From: Joe Horowitz
    Date: March 31, 2012 10:24:02 PM PDT
    To: Robert Loarie
    Cc: , Jody Horowitz
    Subject: Re: [Athertonians] Re: Atherton residents need to be polled or a vote taken


    Bob,

    I am in agreement with your comments and feel strongly that we need the open space. As a town we should pull together on this.

    Best, joe

    Sent from my iPad

    ReplyDelete
  2. From: Ray Girouard
    Date: March 31, 2012 10:52:38 PM PDT
    To: Joe Horowitz
    Cc: Robert Loarie , , Jody Horowitz
    Subject: Re: [Athertonians] Re: Atherton residents need to be polled or a vote taken


    I have two points that I want to raise. First, Holbrook-Palmer Park was donated to the Town and there are restrictions in the gift documents. I expect a formal, written opinion of counsel that there is no conflict between this use and the stated intent of the donors. If a conflict exists then further discussion is moot. Second, if this not the case, I would support efforts to put this plan on the ballot.

    Ray Girouard

    ReplyDelete
  3. From: Faraj Aalaei
    Date: April 1, 2012 7:56:41 AM PDT
    To: Joe Horowitz
    Cc: Robert Loarie , "" , Jody Horowitz
    Subject: Re: [Athertonians] Re: Atherton residents need to be polled or a vote taken


    Can someone please point me to a document do I can find out how many people actually physically visit the current library?

    Thanks
    Faraj

    Sent from my iPhone

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about the traffic on Middlefield? It will be more of a nightmare when school is in session. If the location remains where it is now, Middlefield traffic thins dramatically by the time it gets to Fair Oaks. I think the traffic study has doomed the library at Holbrook Palmer and we don’t need another signal on El Camino. JOHN 98 Euclid Ave.

    John L. Worthing
    Worthing Capital
    845 Oak Grove Ave. Suite 105
    Menlo Park, CA 94025
    (650)327-6677 fax (650) 327-6699

    ReplyDelete