Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Urgency Item for tonight's City Council meeting

From: Atherton Resident <athertonian_moderator@yahoo.com>
Date: November 16, 2011 2:51:27 PM PST
To: "Athertonians@yahoogroups.com" <Athertonians@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Athertonians] Fw: Urgency Item for tonight's City Council meeting
Reply-To: Atherton Resident <athertonian_moderator@yahoo.com>


As an addendum, Town staff are filing an emergency motion for the council to appoint an acting Interim City Manager in the absence of John Danielson.  (See below attachments.)  Not clear where this will be placed on the Agenda.


----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Theresa DellaSanta <tdellasanta@ci.atherton.ca.us>
To: Theresa DellaSanta <tdellasanta@ci.atherton.ca.us>
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 2:24 PM
Subject: Urgency Item for tonight's City Council meeting

Attached is an urgency item which staff is requesting City Council add to tonight’s City Council meeting agenda.
Theresa N. DellaSanta
Deputy City Clerk/Executive Assistant
Town of Atherton
91 Ashfield Road
Atherton, CA 94027
650-752-0529


1 comment:

  1. Forwarded from a responding email sent by Kimberly Sweidy:

    Dear Elected Officials and Government Employees,

    I do not support the appointment of the Police Chief as the Interim City
    Manager. There are so many problems with this that I don't even know where to
    start. Let's start with the problems we have had with the Police Department in
    the past. Let's address the fact that these two functions are, self-evidently,
    distinct. Let's continue with the question of qualifications. Let's end with
    the fact that we do not live in a Police State.

    I cannot attend tonight's meeting because I do not have childcare lined up at
    this late date. However, I am registering my strenuous objection to this
    appointment. Anyone who attends is authorized to read my statement to the
    council, as long as it is done verbatim. Further, I ask that Council Member
    Kathy McKeithen read this objection, verbatim, into the record, including my
    name and address.

    Your time and attention to this matter are greatly appreciated.

    Sincerely,

    Kimberly R. Sweidy
    93 Broadacres Rd
    Atherton, CA 94027-6407

    ReplyDelete